Saturday 1 January 2011

Sub Zero Copenhagen run

Janathon started today with a bang.  When I signed up I forgot I would be in Copenhagen for the first four days.  After getting up at 5am to catch a 9.30 am flight from Heathrow I arrived at my hotel early afternoon and after a quick look around the town and a bite to eat it was already 6.30pm dark and freezing.  All the canals here are frozen over and chunks of ice the size of a small child are falling off buildings, which are roped off by police tape.  With the danger of ice (in the air and on the ground) I went for a quick 20 minute run to start Janathon off.  It was hard to build up a pace as there are so many traffic lights and according to my guide book jaywalking is a crime you can get arrested for, so I took it easy.  I hope to find a park tomorrow (in daylight).

1 comment: