Saturday 15 January 2011

The ipod is a liar


Friday evening looks like it is becoming a regular time to visit the gym and hence "the treadmill run".  I decided to run a full 10k at 1k every five minutes, a reasonable pace.  I set up a 50 minute hill run.  When I hit 9k I upped the speed to do a sub 4 minute k.  It was probably the longest run I have ever done on a treadmill and as well as the distance I climbed 96 metres.  I was a bit disappointed that my ipod said 9.59k, and for those who know about the messages you receive with a nike+ ipod I was half expecting a message from Paula Radcliffe congratulating me on my fastest k, as at the moment the record stands at 4.16. No message came.  Next Friday I may just run a flat 10k as I have heard that the Nike+ can not cope with hills so well.......anyway the happy news that is 14 days of running straight.  I am 99% sure I have never run one week straight and 100% I have never run 14 days before.  Everything is new territory from here onwards.

Week 2
Day 8   6.2 miles
Day 9   3.1 miles
Day 10 6.1 miles
Day 11 4.1 miles
Day 12 1.4 miles
Day 13 3.6 miles
Day 14  6  miles


Total 30.5

(week 1 + week 2 = 57.2)

No comments:

Post a Comment